Competition is one of the 34 themes in the Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment. People who are strong in Competition are motivated by the desire to win. They enjoy challenging themselves and others, and they thrive in competitive environments.
Unique Qualities of Competition
There are a number of unique qualities that define the Competition theme. These include:
- A strong drive to win. People who are strong in Competition are always looking for ways to win. They are competitive in everything they do, from games to work projects.
- A willingness to take risks. People who are strong in Competition are not afraid to take risks. They are willing to put themselves out there and try new things, even if it means failing.
- A focus on excellence. People who are strong in Competition set high standards for themselves and others. They are always striving to be the best they can be.
- A positive attitude. People who are strong in Competition have a positive attitude about competition. They believe that competition is a healthy way to motivate and improve themselves and others.
How to Use Competition Effectively
The Competition theme can be a powerful asset in both personal and professional life. When used effectively, it can help people to achieve their goals, improve their performance, and build strong relationships.
Here are a few tips for using Competition effectively:
- Set realistic goals. When you set your sights too high, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Instead, set realistic goals that you know you can achieve. This will help you to stay motivated and focused.
- Find a competitive outlet. If you find that you are constantly competing with others, it is important to find a healthy outlet for your competitive energy. This could involve playing sports, joining a competitive team, or taking on challenging work projects.
- Be a good sport. Even when you lose, it is important to be a good sport. This means being gracious in defeat and congratulating the winners.
- Celebrate your wins. When you do win, take the time to celebrate your victory. This will help you to stay motivated and keep your competitive edge.
Competition in the Workplace
The Competition theme can be a valuable asset in the workplace. People who are strong in Competition can be motivated to achieve their goals, take on challenges, and improve their performance. They can also be a valuable asset to teams, as they can help to create a competitive environment that drives everyone to do their best.
However, it is important to note that the Competition theme can also have some negative consequences in the workplace. For example, people who are strong in Competition may be overly competitive and aggressive. They may also be more likely to take risks that could jeopardize their jobs or the success of their team.
It is important for people who are strong in Competition to learn how to manage their competitive energy in a positive way. They can do this by setting realistic goals, finding healthy outlets for their competitive energy, and being good sports when they lose.
The Competition theme is a powerful force that can be used for good or for bad. When used effectively, it can help people to achieve their goals, improve their performance, and build strong relationships. However, it is important to be aware of the potential negative consequences of Competition and to learn how to manage it in a positive way.
Want to know more about getting the most out of the Clifton StrengthsFinder™ assessment? Contact us at info@OnlineAdvisor.com or call us at 719-749-8833 for more information. Gain confidence and achieve greater results with one of our certified StrengthsFinder™ coaches!